As part of our Clean Air Project, Green Team have been working with Annie from the charity Sustrans to investigate the levels of pollution in our area. We have set up a whole school investigation where everyone can wipe a cotton wool ball on a smooth surface on their way to school, then attach the swab to our map of the local area. We are hoping to work out where the most polluted routes are. If you have not already carried out your ‘swab test’, please do it on your way to school tomorrow or Tuesday morning. Here is what to do:
- Take the cotton wool ball on your way to school (Green Team will give out more cotton wool balls to anyone who has lost theirs)
- Choose a smooth surface anywhere on your way to school
- Moisten the cotton wool ball then wipe it on the smooth surface
- Remember the name of the street where you did your test
- Bring the cotton wool ball into school and attach it to the right street on the map on Green Team’s noticeboard at the bottom of the Hall stairs (above the packed lunch shelves)Here is how our map looks so far. Which streets do you think were most polluted?