Homework will be set on Google Classroom every Monday. There will be a range of tasks (details below) for your child to complete. We have brought back the Yellow Homework book for children to use to complete any homework in if they wish.
All the necessary log in details for Google Classroom and Mathletics will be stuck into your child’s yellow Homework Book.
All Homework books and Reading books will be sent home every Monday and must be returned to school every Friday.
Our aims in setting homework are to:
- Involve parents in their children’s learning, providing them with a better understanding of their child’s learning in school, and enabling them to become partners in their child’s progress and achievement.
- Allow children to practise and consolidate work done in class.
- Provide tasks which are an enrichment and extension of what is going on in school, enabling children to develop their creativity and imagination.
- Develop children’s self-discipline, time-management and organisational skills in preparation for later life.
- Create a channel for home-school dialogue, enabling parents to comment on their children’s learning.
- Promote children’s independent learning skills, by gradually teaching them to work individually and take responsibility for their own learning.
- Develop skills in using the library, Internet and other learning resources.
Please let us know how you and your child get on and speak to the class teacher if you would like further information. We look forward to working with you as partners in your child’s learning this year.