Fine motor skills are essential to enable us to pick up and control a pencil when we begin to write.
Using tweezers to pick up and sort small objects is a great way to help develop our fine motor skills.
Here are some more ideas to try at home:
- Squeezing and rolling play dough
- Threading beads onto pipe cleaners/feathers/laces/string
- Peeling and using stickers
- Place buttons on drawn lines and zigzags
- Drop pom poms through a cardboard tube
- Use a hole punch with paper
- Thread pasta with straws
- Drawing in sand
- Practice cutting
- Transfer pom poms into the cups of an egg carton
- Wrap rubber bands around a can/pine cones