Today we were very pleased to welcome Stephen Booth from Marylebone Library to our whole school assembly to launch the Summer Reading Challenge 2018. This year’s theme is Mischief Makers and Westminster has a full programme of events and activities in all their community libraries.
Children who take part in the Summer Reading Challenge:
- Maintain their reading confidence level over the holidays
- Boost their confidence and self-esteem
- Are more enthusiastic about reading
How it works:
- Children must register and sign up at their local library.
- They borrow and read at least SIX books during the summer logging them as they go, collecting special stickers and incentives along the way
- They can read any library book they choose – story books, fact books, joke books, audio books – they all count
- They receive a certificate and medal when they finish
Before the start of the summer holidays, children will be bringing home an entry form or can collect one from their local library. This needs to be returned to their local library. Stephen Booth will return in September to give out prizes.
At St. Vincent’s we love reading so we are confident our pupils can rise to this challenge. Have fun!