House points will now form our lunchtime and P.E. reward system at St Vincent’s. It encourages a team ethos across the school and allows children of all ages to have a common goal.
Every child, from Nursery to Year 6, is a member of one of our four houses: St George, St Patrick, St Andrew and St David.
House points are given out by midday supervisors and by teachers during P.E. lessons / events as a recognition of achievement by individual children. They will include things such as:
- Being polite and well-mannered
- Displaying good table manners
- Sensibly transitioning between the lunch hall and playground
- Showing respect to all adults and children
- Good sportsmanship skills e.g. leading a team, working well within a group and showing respect to the opposing team.
When a child earns a house point they will collect a house point token and add it to their house token bucket in the school hall.
Once a term, the house captains will count the tokens and add them to the display in Mrs Duffy’s office. The winning house will be awarded with a Top Table experience at lunch.