We are very pleased to have been awarded the Music Mark for this year!
Being a Music Mark School means that it has been recognised how much wonderful music we do in school and the value we place on it. Thank you to the Tri-Borough Music Hub for nominating us. All pupils at St.Vincent’s Catholic Primary School are able to access and engage with a high-quality music education. We love all our music lessons and events so we are very proud to have this acknowledged.
Hearing the Music
Music makes an important contribution to the life of our school and thus is celebrated, promoted and encouraged. It helps build pupils’ self-esteem and
self-discipline and leads to higher standards across the curriculum. The Music Mark summarises the 10 key benefits of music, from recognition within the government’s ‘National Plan for Music Education’ that music is an educational building block through to the inclusive nature of music irrespective of abilities.
- boosts school improvement-a successful school is often a musical school and we believe music contributes to our outstanding status
- improves learning skills-research demonstrates the cognitive benefits that music give young children
- fosters team working-playing in groups means you are part of an integrated team
- builds life skills-learning to sing or play an instrument requires concentration, problem solving and commitment
- underpins better behaviour-to learn music you need discipline and to play well requires practice and dedication
- encourages creativity-it is a great way to express yourself and exercise your imagination
- is for life-music is precious gift
- is an educational building block-The Department for Education has stated that a high-quality music education can improve self-confidence, behaviour and social skills as well as improve academic achievement across the curriculum.
- is fun.Music making is not only good for the brain but also the heart!
- is for everyone-it is inclusive irrespective of abilities.
Thank you Mr Rees and all our teachers for supporting us to love music!