We currently have a parent governor vacancy and all parents / guardians of children at the school are eligible to stand as candidates for election.
· Wednesday 22nd November at 8:45 a.m. –Coffee Morning for parents to attend and meet some current governors (followed by SVPA Meeting)
· Friday 1st December at 9:00a.m.- Deadline for nominations.
· Monday 18th December from 8:00 a.m to 9:00 a.m.- Voting followed by the count.
The Role of the Elected Parent Governor
The governing body, with the headteacher, has overall responsibility for the running of the school. Governing bodies have three core strategic functions:
· Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
· Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils; and
· Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Although elected by the parent body, the parent governor is not mandated to represent their views at meetings and should be alert to the importance of advising parents to contact the headteacher directly in those issues for which he/she has professional responsibility. Like all governors the elected parent governor brings his/her own perspective and experience to the governing body and in company with fellow governors must aim to offer the school the following:
i. an understanding and promotion of the Catholic School’s Aims and Identity.
ii. time to prepare for and attend governors meetings and other school events.
iii. a concern for the whole school and its role in the parish and local community.
iv. willingness to learn about developments in education from the headteacher and staff and by attendance at Diocesan and LA training for governors.
v. an understanding of the governing body’s relationship with the headteacher.
vi. willingness to be a good team member, working harmoniously with fellow governors and school staff.
vii. an ability to maintain confidentiality in many areas of governors’ work.
Please click on the links below for further information or visit the school office for hard copies of the documentation.