As you are aware there are lots of different projects taking place in Marylebone to enhance the local area. We will use this page to keep you updated and help you to safely plan your journey to school.
Thayer Street starting 1st February 2021
The works will include the introduction of a raised table across the Blandford Street and George Street junctions to reduce vehicle speeds, kerb buildouts on the eastern and western footways to provide better pedestrian facilities and a better streetscape; along with the relocation of the zebra crossings to improve pedestrian crossing facilities.
The works will be broken down into 5 phases highlighted below:
- Phase 1: Existing traffic island removed, and temporary road markings applied.
- Phase 2: Thayer Street, Eastern footway works.
- Phase 3: Thayer Street western footway works and the installation of new traffic islands.
- Phase 4: Deep drainage connections.
- Phase 5: Carriageway resurfacing and application of antiskid treatment.
- Additionally, during Phases 1 to 4, directional lane closures and/or full road and junction closures are required to undertake deep drain excavations. Vehicle diversion routes will be in place and sign posted.
- During Phase 5, in order to undertake the resurfacing works safely, a series of road and lane closures will also be introduced. The laying of the antiskid treatment will follow; in late May 2021.