It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school, representing the school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours. On the day they have Physical Education (P.E.) children may wear their P.E. kit to and from school.
Our policy is based on the notion that school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school;
- engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school;
- identifies the children with the school;
- makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance;
- is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents;
- is designed with health and safety in mind.
We ask all parents who send their children to our school to support the school uniform policy. We believe that parents have a duty and responsibility to send their children to school correctly dressed in the correct uniform, that it is clean and in good repair and they have all they need for their day.
It is essential that every item is clearly labelled and that all items of uniform are washed regularly.
Many uniform items can be purchased from most department stores but the uniform containing the school logo can only be purchased using the school uniform provider, Stitch Design. The letter below provides instructions for parents.
Good quality second hand uniform can also be purchased at our regular S.V.P.A. Uniform sales. School bags and coats cost £5 and all other uniform items are £1.
Please always refer to the uniform leaflet when ordering uniform.