The Junior Travel Ambassadors (JTAs) promote safer, active and independent travel within the school community. At St. Vincent’s we have two or three JTAs from Year 6 each year.
We are very proud to have been awarded Gold STARS for our efforts and to have maintained this for some time.
The role of a JTA
A JTA is responsible for promoting active travel, walking, cycling or scooting, and road safety. As teams within their school community they also promote independent travel to their peers as they prepare for the transition from primary to secondary school.
JTAs do this by:
- Contributing to assemblies
- Conducting surveys and classroom talks
- Helping to complete the school travel plan
- Learning how to use the TfL Journey Planner
- Running competitions and promoting events/ initiatives such as Tuesday Shoesday and Walk to School Week